The Basics -
1. Name: Whitney
2. Age: 20
3. Gender (answer however the hell you want): Female.
The Books -
4. Who is your favorite character in the Terre D’Ange trilogy? Hyacinthe. In Kushiel's Dart, I remember having a very love-hate(leaning towards hate) with Joscelin, and wanting Phedre to end up with Hyacinthe. He's charming, intelligent, takes care of the people he cares for most, is beholden to no-one, has the ability to see the past and the future even though he's not supposed to. I found him multi-faceted and it's no wonder that Phedre went so far and sacrificed so much just to free him.
5. Who is your least favorite character in the trilogy? Hmm, Joscelin sometimes annoys me but I can't say he's my least favorite because he redeems himself far too often. Probably Melisande, because it's awful to feel so attached and drawn to someone who hurts you over and over again for their own selfish, capricious reasons. I find it odd that so many people love her character actually. I even like the Mahrkagir(sp?) better.
6. Which character do you identify most with? Phedre. I know that it's kind of the point to identify with the main character, but that's really the person I identify most with.
7. Which of the books is your favorite? Kushiel's Dart. I read it in one night. I love Alcuin, Delaunay and Hyacinthe. And really I like exploring the world of the Night Court and what it's like to be a courtesan in Terre D'Ange.
8. If you could visit any of the countries as they are described in the books, which
would you visit? Terre D'Ange obviously. I would love to experience the beauty of such a place, but then I would also like to visit La Serenissima for its mad revelry and to see the temple of Asherat. And perhaps the universities of Caerdicca Unitas. I'm glad that JC is going to be exploring the latter more in Imriel's books.
9. If you were not an adept, what role/job do you think you’d have in the Terre D’Ange universe? Priestess of Naamah perhaps. I'm attracted to the spiritual side of life as well as the sexual. And I like the concept that Naamah can encompass all the different canons that the Night Court is divided on.. So if I couldn't be a courtesan, I'd like to be a priestess of Naamah. If they had a priestess for Shemhazai I might consider that.
10. What do you think are one or two of your best personality traits? When I open up, I can be very charming. This encompasses alot of other traits like being witty, humorous, friendly, etc. so it's the best one I can think of.
11. What do you think is your worst personality trait? I'm manipulative and indecisive.
12. What qualities do you value in a friend? Intelligence, sense of humor. I really really hate when people talk badly about their friends behind their back, so they have to be upfront and honest. Also, I value friends who have a wide range of interests, especially those we hold in common at least somewhat. I also love to have long conversations, so they have to be able to do that.
13. What is the worst quality you believe a person can possess? A lack of empathy. Or being boring: having no interests or passions, not valuing knowledge.
14. Go to this site and take the quiz. What character did you get? Do you think this is a good fit?
You are Phedre. You are drop-dead gorgeous, kinky,
perceptive and troubled. Your strong, fiery
spiritual desires sometimes upset your
cunning chessmaster's mind, sweeping you away
in a haze of passion- but even the gods
tremble when they fear that they have
betrayed your trust.
brought to you by Quizilla Goodness. My immediate thought when I got this: great, now everyone's going to think I cheated. I actually was surprised when I got Phedre. I mean I think her attraction to the spiritual and the higher learning as well as the pull of her masochistic/submissive nature is rather correct. I also do feel conflicted about my nature often.
15. Go to this site and take the quiz. What house did you get? Do you think this is a good fit?
You belong in House Eglantine. You're an artist at
heart and enjoy all that is original. You
create beauty. Your motto is "To create
is to live."
Where in the Night Court do you belong?
brought to you by Quizilla
I think it's a good fit, yet.. in certain questions I would've answered more of a Valerian way of looking at things, but I could't submit to just anyone because they paid me or just because the need is in me. So yes, Eglantine fits my creative side. I'm a writer, a poet, I love to design costumes and I am a vast repository of knowledge.
16. Describe your perfect date. I'd love to go out to dinner at a place with really good food, then perhaps go to a museum, the theatre, or the movies. After that, we could go for coffee and have a really interesting and long conversation covering a variety of topics.
17. What qualities do you value in a lover? Sexually? Dominance, taking the initiative, empathy, creativity, being lovingly sadistic and open-minded about sharing. ;) Outside of that, see the qualities I value in a friend.
18. Describe your sexual style. I tend to get lost in the moment and dislike having it interrupted. If I'm feeling uninhibited I show depths of my personality that I don't show anywhere else. I also laugh and talk and make other various interesting but less coherent noises. I'm surprised I haven't gotten a noise complaint from the landlord. ;)
19. What are your feelings about BDSM (bondage, discipline, domination, submission, sadism, and masochism)? I'm submissive and a masochist. I've only had a small bit of experience with it but I definitely want more, and I don't think I'd consider dating someone longterm who couldn't provide a good measure of dominance and pain.
20. In which three houses do you think you’d best fit? Eglantine, Gentian, or Valerian. The three moments I feel most alive and happy: creating, speaking or thinking about spiritual concepts, and exploring my submission.
21. In which two houses do you think you would not fit? Heliotrope or Camellia. I don't feel very perfect at all. Life is about self-improvement after all. And Heliotrope.. I think I am fundamentally unsuited to be completely devoted mind, body, and soul to one person.
22. Which house would you patronize, given a choice? Mandrake for private assignations, but if I need a dress or want a party held I'm going to Eglantine.
23. What character from the books would you want to date/screw silly/have screw you silly and why? Hyacinthe.
24. Describe yourself physically (hair color, eye color, height, any distinguishing characteristics). Feel free to include one safe for work picture. It can be provocative, but no nudity. I have light brown hair with red and blonde tints to it depending on various factors. My eyes are blue-gray and everyone tells me they're beautiful. I'm 5'2", so I'm pretty short. I've also got some nice curves to me: 36C-27-37 last time I checked.
Now if only there was a marque up my back. ;)
25. Tell us anything else you think might be important.
There are many different kinds and degrees of and reasons for love. For people who can't understand or respect that, the words "Love as thou wilt" mean nothing.
Current Mood: curious